Senior Credit Data Scientist
Dar es Salaam
Job Location :Head Office
1.To provide competent and reliable support on credit related projects including system development / implementation / enhancements and automation, new credit product designing, CRB services, Credit Scoring Tools, IFRS9 assessment, maintenance of credit risk related models, validation and reporting, etc.
2. To deliver a professional service, this includes conducting advanced analytics with regards to NMB’s loan portfolio performance trends and the overall banking industry as a whole in an effort of mitigate credit risks and thereafter make recommendations for management decisions.
3. To prepare and ensure availability of analytical reports to all internal and external partners that involved in credit matters and handling various credit related queries.
1. Responsible for applying advanced analytical skills and machine learning experience to develop, review, validate and maintain credit risk related models and dashboards for the bank.
2. Provide proper support and supervision of the IFRS 9 solutions particularly on reports preparation, process review, system enhancement and validation.
3. Responsible for identifying hotspots, modelling and providing analytical updates on internal and external factors that influence NMB’s portfolio performance and banking industry as a whole in an effort of mitigating credit risk exposure.
4. Responsible for managing CRB services within NMB Bank with regards to monthly data submission, data quality improvement, system enhancements, trainings and handling disputes/queries concerning CRB process on ensuring full compliance in accordance with BOT regulatory requirements.
5. Develop and maintain detailed processes and other requirements related to credit risk models.
6. Responsible for providing full support by sharing all the required credit reports/information and handling various credit related queries to the internal and external partners including BOT, auditors and other institutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. A comprehensive knowledge of credit risk models.
2. Understanding of Programming languages e.g. Java, C, SQL, Python, R, etc.
3. Business Intelligence & Data analytics.
4. Knowledge of Machine Learning Techniques.
5. Strong mathematical & numeracy skills.
6. Understanding of the reports & data visualizations tools.
7. Critical thinking, excellent analytical and creative.
8. Communication and presentation skills.
9. Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
10. Self-directed work and problem-solving centric attitude.
11. Ability to independently research and develop innovative analytics.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics,
Machine Learning, or related fields.
At least 3 years’ experience preferably in; –
-Programing languages including SQL, Python, Scala and Perl; and R.
-SQL and NoSQL databases.
-Data mining and manipulation, machine learning algorithms and applications.
Experience in Credit risk modelling within the Banking industry is an added advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 17-Jan-2023