The Institution of Texas at Austin is a public research university in Austin, Texas, also known as UT Austin or Texas. It was established in 1883 and serves as the centerpiece of the University of Texas System. It is also one of the biggest public colleges in the country. Business, engineering, law, the natural sciences, and the humanities are just a few of the many subjects in which UT Austin awards undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. Along with its liberal arts and natural science disciplines, it is renowned for its outstanding computer science, business, and engineering programs. In addition, UT Austin is home to a variety of research institutes and centers, such as the College of Natural Sciences, McCombs School of Business, and Cockrell School of Engineering.
The UT Austin academic calendar for 2022–2023 includes all of the semester schedules, registration dates, holiday schedules, add/drop dates, graduation dates, other crucial dates, and deadlines.
At the University of Texas at Austin, there are three semesters per year: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
The bulk of courses meet three hours each week during the fall and spring semesters and are worth three semester hours of credit. Over the course of a six-week summer term, classes meet seven and a half hours per week for
Fall 2022 school year at UT Austin
At the University of Texas at Austin, there are two designated subterms for the fall semester: the “Fall Term” (previously known as the “Fall Long Semester”), which is the main subterm for fall semester classes, and the “Winter Term,” which is an optional time for offering education abroad courses, internships, etc.
The Fall and Winter Terms at UT Austin run from August 16 to January 7 of 2023. This is known as the Fall semester 2022. The Fall Term, on the other hand, lasts from August 22 to December 12, 2022.
- Tuition bills for the fall semester are distributed to students electronically on July 26, 2022.
- The tuition payment deadline is August 12, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. CST for undergraduate students who registered for the fall semester by Friday, July 22.
- Orientation for new international students and new undergraduate transfer students is from August 15 to August 16, 2022.
- Orientation for new freshman students is from August 16 to August 18, 2022.
- Fall registration for new undergraduate, continuing, and readmitted students is on August 18, 2022.
- August 19, 2022 is the last day a graduate student may register in absentia, according to the UT Austin Academic Calendar for fall 2022.
- University residence halls open on August 19, 2022.
- Fall registration for all students is from August 19 to August 21, 2022.
- UT Austin Fall 2022 classes start on August 22, 2022. It is the first day of classes for the fall semester of 2022.
- Fall 2022 registration for all students is from August 22 to August 25, 2022.
- According to the UT Austin academic calendar 2022-2023, August 25, 2022, is the 4th class day.
- August 25, 2022 is the last day to add a class without permission.
- The tuition payment deadline is August 25, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. CST for graduate and law students.
- Fall registration for all students (will require either department and/or dean’s approval) is from August 26 to September 7, 2022.
- Labor Day holiday is September 5, 2022. No classes are held.
- The 12th class day is September 7, 2022, according to UT Austin academic calendar 2022-2023.
- September 7, 2022 is the last day to drop a class without permission.
- The last day to add a class (approval required) is September 7, 2022.
- September 7, 2022 is the tuition payment deadline is 5:00 p.m. CST for anyone who registered after July 22.
- Payment for added classes (“Add Bill”) is due on September 7, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. Any owed balance after this will be automatically placed on an instalment plan.
- The Payment for the remaining tuition balances is due on October 14, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. CST.
- October 25, 2022 is the last day an undergraduate may: Q-drop a class; withdraw; change a class to pass/fail.
- The last day to apply for an undergraduate degree is October 25, 2022.
- November 11, 2022 is the last day to apply for a graduate degree.
- November 18, 2022 is the last day a doctoral candidate may hold a dissertation defense for the Fall 2022 semester.
- The last day a graduate student may change registration in a class to or from the credit/no credit basis is November 21, 2022.
- UT Austin Fall break/Thanksgiving break 2022 is from November 21 to November 26, 2022. No classes are held.
- December 2, 2022 is the last day to submit the master’s report, recital, thesis, doctoral dissertation, or treatise to the graduate dean.
- The last class day is December 5, 2022, according to UT Austin academic calendar for fall 2022.
- December 5, 2022 is the last day an undergraduate may, with the required approvals, request a non-academic Q-drop.
- The last day an undergraduate may register in absentia is December 5, 2022.
- December 5, 2022 is the last day a graduate student may, with the required approvals, drop a class or withdraw from the university.
- Study days (no-class days) are December 6, 2022 and December 7, 2022.
- UTexas Final exams are from December 8 to December 10, 2022 & December 12, 2022.
- The UT Austin Official graduation date (No public exercises) for the
- Winter Term 2022 is December 17, 2022, according to UT Austin academic calendar 2022-2023.
- Winter Term 2022 (optional; may be used for courses such as study abroad, etc.) is from December 13, 2022 to January 7, 2023.