You must do the following actions in order to obtain a non-immigrant visa for the United States:
- Determine the type of visa you need: There are many different types of non-immigrant visas, including student visas, work visas, and tourist visas. Make sure you are applying for the correct visa type for your purpose of travel.
- Gather required documents: Depending on the visa type, you may need to provide documents such as a passport, birth certificate, financial statements, and proof of employment or education.
- Complete the online visa application (DS-160): This is the first step in the visa application process. You will need to provide personal information and answer questions about your travel plans, background, and qualifications.
- Pay the visa application fee: This fee must be paid online.
- Schedule an interview: Most non-immigrant visa applicants are required to attend an in-person interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- Attend the interview and provide biometric information: During the interview, a consular officer will determine whether you are eligible for a visa. You will also be required to provide fingerprints and a photograph.
- Wait for the decision: After the interview, the consular officer will review your application and make a decision. This process can take several weeks.
- Please note that this is a general outline and the exact process and requirement may vary depending on the country of origin, type of visa and other factors. It is always recommended to check the specific requirement for your country on the official website of the U.S. Department of State.